Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sushi Doll Project 2

OMG! I'm so excited to show this project I finished and I just adore how this one came out...This is Susi's "Frida 2" image, she is absolutely amazing...and Susi is too, LOL! I printed this image on the full size setting, I wanted it to show more detail when I colored her. This project I did in my mixed media journal, and I'm amazed how the finished product turned out. I used quite an assortment of mediums for this project, I will put a list of them down below. The journal is from Michael's (XL Mix Media by Canson) and it's really sturdy, some of the inks that I used did go thru but not that bad. This is my 3rd project in my journal and will have to get around to showing the other stuff that I have done in it so far. Here are some pics of this project:



Where you see the crackle medium, I used that on her wings, but before I had put that on I had used gesso to bring them out, when I used the crackle finish is brought out the color from the background, I could literally see the color come thru, it was so cool to see, it was like a science project...lol. The littlw specks of white is the gesso and to me it gives it a slight abstract feel. The lil bowl of fruit and the "Jarrito" and "Panesitos" are a paper piecing I did years ago for a  project that never came to life....but they absolutey worked for this project I'm so glad I never got rid of them. :)
Well I see I'm writing a novel...lol...it's just that I'm so happy to be back into crafting again.

Here is the list of supplies I used:

Mixed Media Journal
"Golden" Gesso
Dylusions Ink
"Bubblegum Pink"
"Cut Grass"
"Squeezed Orange"
Mod Podge
Stencils
Stamps
Zig Marker
Prisma Colored Pencils
Scrapbook Paper
Cardstock

Hope that you all enjoy this project, it sure was alot of fun and for me easing of my soul when I was creating this. Thanks for stopping by and Adios for now! :)

4 comments:

  1. Me wubby! Super amazing ami! I wub and I'm also glad you didn't get rid of those paper pieced Mexis! =) TQM ami y gracias!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hermana, me too, I'm so glad i didn't trash them! LOL. TQM Mas! :)

      Delete